there’s a lot of unspoken pressure to keep liking the things you used to like and to keep dressing the way you’ve always dressed and to never question what you believe in and basically “be yourself” has slowly morphed into “be what everyone knows you as” but trust me when i say if you just give it up and simply make decisions and take actions based purely on what would make you happy, you’ll gain a very comforting sense of self peace
Sailor gets a tattoo, 1920s
DID YOU KNOW THAT DAVID FROM THE PROPHETS IS IN MURDER BY DEATH NOW?
WHAT? WHAAAAAAT? I FEEL LIKE YOU JUST TOLD ME DICK JOINED THE AVENGERS.
I can’t find my iPod, so I made a playlist for my commute to and from work. For the train and the park and complaining about the heat. [Listen.]
Avicii - Wake Me Up // Murder by Death - Little Red Riding Hood // Bastille - Icarus // Robots in Disguise - Turn It Up // Marina and the Diamonds - Bubblegum Bitch // Panic at the Disco - The Ballad of Mona Lisa // Bloc Party - The Prayer (Phones Metal Jackin’ Mix) // Bright Eyes - Jejune Stars // Fall Out Boy - Alone Together // Jenny Owen Youngs - Love For Long // The Avett Brothers - I and Love and You // Say Anything - The Truth Is, You Should Lie With Me // April Smith and the Great Picture Show - Wow & Flutter // Bright Eyes - I Must Belong Somewhere // Cursive - Sink to the Beat // Damion Suomi - Mustard Seed // Computer vs. Banjo - Give Up On Ghosts // Death Cab for Cutie - Bixby Canyon Bridge // Panic at the Disco - This is Gospel // Our Lady Peace - In Repair // Bloc Party - The Marshals Are Dead // Manchester Orchestra - Shake It Out // Los Campesinos! - You! Me! Dancing! // Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll // will.i.am - Bang Bang // Hugo - 99 Problems // Dionysos - Tais-toi mon coeur // Jukebox the Ghost - Schizophrenia // Avicii - Hey Brother // Bastille - Things We Lost In The Fire
are metal arms just not enough for you anymore
METAL EVERYTHING. We can rebuild us! Make us faster and stronger! We have the technology! (…we’re really lazy and cheap though, so we probably won’t.)
Marvel Swimsuit Special: Colossus
by Joe Phillips
arrow +powerful female moments
*gets gay married during the purge*
(via Occupation: Girl - BABY’S FIRST CONVENTION)
In case you missed it last night. Salient points:
- I am the bearer of Tattle Swag
- I think the fan panel that Freddie will call into is Saturday afternoon (8/30) and the academic panel with wolvensnothere is Sunday night (8/31)
- I am looking into more stuff to give away
- other people are looking into more stuff to give away
- I will be there Thursday night and leave early on Tuesday
- this is so hilariously the opposite of the “day trip” I originally planned
- other than panels, I’m basically there to say hi and sign any books you happen to have (I am in an anthology currently)
- I mean, I still have that weird “people want me to sign things?” Imposter Syndrome feeling ten years in, but no, it is definitely not weird if you want to come say hi
- I GOTTA GO PRACTICE MY SIGNATURE
- oh shit I was all “I guess cosplay is nice, don’t know that I’ll go look for it” but I forgot about RAVENSTAGS and WENDIGOS and CANNIBALS
- and as the Tattle Crime representative I will want to SEE YOU
- (I know I am well-marbled, but please do not eat me)
- I need a flower crown
Here’s to hoping my panels don’t overlap this one, because I would REALLY REALLY love to wear my steampunk ravenstag outfit to this panel and be all I AM AMONG MY PEEPS. <3
I’m going to be at two different Hannibal panels for sure, so there are at least two opportunities there! Also—and I can’t believe it took me that long to think of it—I’m going to want to take Senior Cannibal Correspondent pictures for tattle-crime (if people are amenable to that), so y’all tell me if you’re going to be at the convention and where you’ll be or if you’ll come by the panels.
I was already pretty excited about cleolinda's panels, BUT STEAMPUNK RAVENSTAG? Be still my heart. Con is the best, you guys. Everyone should come.
A.I.M agents on lunch break, part II.